Register for the tests:
- ACT Register for the ACT test - remember to include the writing portion.
- SAT Register for the SAT and SAT subject test
- Receiving/sending SAT scores
Looking for test prep options, click here for a list of options!
Here is a great document that goes over the differences between the SAT and ACT, plus, there is a equivalency chart for the SAT/ACT scores.
Most Colleges/Universities require students to take either the ACT or SAT for admission.
- Most schools accept either test.
- Check with your colleges to see if they require the optional writing/essay parts of the tests
- Colleges want you to send them all of your scores, not just what you consider your best.
- Hint: Save money and have your scores sent to four colleges for free when you sign up for the ACT/SAT. Sending scores after you test adds $12 per report for the ACT and $11.25 for the SAT.
- While most Westwood students opt for the SAT, many of our students score better on the ACT.
ACT & SAT Fee Waivers
Juniors and Seniors who receive free or reduced lunch can receive vouchers for two free ACT, SAT and SAT subject tests. Students will also receive additional free score reports and may be eligible for college application fee waivers. Please see Mr. Browning in D1127 for a fee waiver.
Test Optional SchoolsFor students interested in a test optional or test flexible college, please visit fairtest.org.
Other Testing Options
- Another way to earn college hours? CLEP testing
- What colleges require or recommend the SAT Subject tests? SAT Subject Test
Article about "FREE TEST PREP"